Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Many uses of Dawn

As I have been doing research on different home-made cleaning products, I couldn't help but notice that the use of Dawn dish soap was used in a lot of things.  So I thought why not make a list of all the great other uses of the product! 


Usually it says to use the blue kind, but in my research I have used the green ultra apple blossom. So I in my opinion I don't think it matters what fragrance you use. 





  • Eye glass defogger :  rub a very small amount on the glasses and wipe with the cloth you would usually use to clean them.  I have used this! works great! I work in a kitchen and we are constantly going to get stuff from the freezer and my glasses are no longer fogging up on those trips! woo hoo! lol
  • Bathroom Mirror defogger :  Much in the same way for the glasses but you obviously use more of the soap. and then wipe clean with paper towel. 
  • Hair Shampoo Treatment: Using Dawn once a month as a shampoo will strip any build up your hair has from different products and excess oils. 
  • Glass Cleaner :  In a spray bottle mix a few drops of Dawn and fill with water. Also is a good eye glass cleaner. I have used this too for my glasses and works better than the commercial stuff.
  • Flea bath : It works great on getting those pesky fleas off of your beloved pets.  check out this site for more info.  I have a dog and 3 cats and we have used this to get rid of fleas. works great. the only prob I had was getting the cats in the bath! lol 
  • Laundry Stain remover : Put a few drops on a stubborn greasy stain and scrub for a min then pop it in the wash. Stain will disappear.
  • Carpet Stain Remover :  I have used 1 cup of vinegar, 3 drops of Dawn and the rest water in a spray bottle. Works  great for those small stains that suddenly appear on the carpet. You know the ones that "nobody" makes ;) 
  • Bubbles : Of course I had to include this in the list!  Put in a container 1/2 cup of Dawn, 1 tbsp of glycerin ( you can get it at the drug store) and 1/2 a gallon of water. Stir gently. remove any foam that is on top and you are ready to blow some bubbles!  
If you have any other uses let me know and I will add them! 



No comments:

Post a Comment